"Myriad Forms of Lord Siva" is a thematic presentation and on 10th Feb was the first concert of this series. There will be 11 more presentations on the same topic, one every month.
This thematic production is supported by the Ministry Of Culture, Govt.Of India.
The concert presentation deals with the Forms of Lord Siva based on the compositions of Muttusvami Dikshitar and other well-known composers.
Venue : Ragasudha Hall, Luz.
V.Sanjeev - Violin
Poongulam Subramaniam - Mridangam
P.V.Ramana - Flute
Sangeetha Siromani, Vidwan Prof.S.R.Janakiraman inaugurated this series. Renowned Bharatanatyam Exponent and Expert Member, Ministry Of Culture, Smt. Nandini Ramani felicitated.
The thematic concert also included a multimedia presentation.
After giving an introduction to the theme and a brief outline about my approach for the next 11 episodes, the following Kritis were rendered along with explanation on the temple iconography, Purana references, references in Sastras etc.
1. hastivadanAya - navroj- misra cApu
2. tEvaram- keeravANi(virutham)-tirunaavukkarasar (kAlasamhAra mUrthy)
3. sankaramabhirAmi manOharam-kamalAmanOhari - tisra Ekam (kAlasamhAra mUrthy)
4. kaala bhairavam - bhairavam - Adi (kAlabhairavar)
5. srI vatukanAtha - dEvakriyA - misra cApu (vatukabhairavar)
6. swarNa kAla bhairavam- kalyANi - sankeerNa triputa (swarna vEnkatEsa dIkshitar's composition on swarna Akarshana bhairavar)
This program was very well received by Rasikas and the response was heartening.