Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Music Academy - 30/12/12


I sang this concert in place of my good friend Smt.Nithyashree Mahadevan, who couldn't perform due to unforeseen and unfortunate circumstances.




Co-Artistes for this concert:

B.V.Raghavendra Rao - Violin
Neyveli Skandasubramanian - Mridangam
A.S.Krishnan - Morsing


























Song List:

1. Varnam- nAtakurinji - Adi - Rangaswami Nattuvanar
2. sri vallI dEvasEnapatE - natabhairavi - Adi - pApanAsam sivan
3. bhuvanEshwariyA - mOhanakalyANi - Adi - harikEsanallUr muthiah bhAgavatar (R,S)
4. ambA neelAyatAkshI - neelAmbari - Adi - muttuswAmi dIkshitar
5. rAma kathA sudhA- madhyamAvati - Adi - tyAgarAjar (R,N,S,T)
6. chalamElarA - mArgahindOLam - Adi - tyAgarAjar
7. RTP - simhEndramadhyamam - Adi (Kanta nadai), misra Jhampa(catusra nadai) and kanta cApu
8. akhiyAn hari darsan - bEhAg - Eka - sUrdAs
9. nAgEndra hArAya - rAgamAlikA - kanta cApu

2 comments:

sampath kumar said...

I attended your Music Academy concert.I take this chance to thank you for a delightful concert.It was indeed a poignant moment when you spoke about your friend Mrs. Nithyashree Mahadevan and her Children.I hope your songs on sri valli, bhuvaneshwari,neelayathakshi and rama will bestow divine succor to mrs.Nithyasri and her children.

Unknown said...

To me the highlight of this concert is the soothing effect through out the concert. My personal favourite was Amba Neelayatakshi. Madhyamavathi - I came to know from this concert how much one can explore this raga. I think you explored it to the maximum extent and the lyrics were so crystal clear! That is the biggest amazing factor to me right from your first concert that I attended at Ravindra Bharati in 2009. I thoroughly enjoyed the SimhendraMadhyamam RTP while I am a lay man when it comes to the various Talas you were exhibiting. I am praying God saying "Gnyanamosaga Raada?" to understand the various aspects of Music.

What is this common factor in O. S. Arun and you? Both singing Surdas songs - Gopi Gopala and Akhiyan Hari darshan ki pyaasi but in contrasting styles.

Murali