Saturday, January 1, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR - 2011

It seems like I wished everyone just a few days back at the dawn of 2010 and I just can't believe that one more year has gone by !

We are now into the next year - with a lot of dreams and goals for the forthcoming years.

Wishing all my friends a very bright and prosperous New Year :-)

A quick recap of my concerts during December Music Season 2010:
The first 10 days of December were dampened by the never-ending rains in Chennai.

My concert that had been scheduled on the 5th got cancelled due to the rains. The first concert was on the 7th at Meenakshi College - jugalbandi with Smt.Lakshmi Sriram. This is the first time I am doing a jugalbandhi at this venue. The previous years there have been with Padmasri Haridwaramangalam A.K.Palanivel accompanying me on the Tavil. Rains didn't deter the Rasikas from attending the concerts and our Jugalbandhi concert had a very good attendance inspite of the rains lashing 24*7.

After this were concerts at venues like Sastri hall, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Mylapore Fine Arts,Vani Mahal, Music Academy, to name a few.

For the first time I gave a lecture Demonstration at the Music Academy during the Music Season and it was a great experience.

The Sangeetha Sandhippu - informal chat with Rasikas was great fun.

I sang two complex ragam -tanam -pallavis - one at the Mylapore Fine Arts and the other at the Music Academy.

I must thank all rasikas who attended all my concerts and gave me their valuable feedback. Personally, it was a very enriching December for me.

I didn't realize when December began and when it ended :-) - time has just flown by !

I eagerly look forward to a great musical 2011 :-)

No comments: