Monday, February 23, 2009

SURREAL DAY FOR INDIA AT THE OSCARS

It is not often that I wake up and switch on the television immediately - but then today has been a truly exceptional day especially if you are an A.R.R fan!!

It feels like a victory for the entire music fraternity in the country. Two Oscars going to an individual, competing against some of the very best in the business is by no means an ordinary feat!

My salutations and heartfelt congrats to the maestro.

My personal preference has always been soft,melodious songs. He has treated us to some memorable musical fare - beginning with Roja, and many melodies till the recent soul stirring numbers in the epic- Jodhaa Akbar. His humility and his vision are lessons that we can all learn from.

So Jai Ho Rahman Sir, - thanks for having hoisted the Indian flag at the Oscars and to keep it fluttering, who might be next? - maybe Shankar Mahadevan ??!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi GG,
It was a nice compliment from one musician to another.

Though I am a MSV fan, I am happy to see an Indian winning the Oscar. Knowing my liking for MSV, my kids were teasing me that what MSV has not achieved has been achieved by ARR. I told them that Sachin hasnt scored a triple century so far. That doesnt make inferior to Shewag who has scored it twice. So greatness is not on winning the Oscar.
But I am truly happy that an Indian has won it.
Congratulations to ARR on this achievement.
Ananth

Anonymous said...

Your words resonate with our thoughts too. After-all, it is OUR Rehman!

nagraj

Anonymous said...

today morning was really special waking upto Oscar win for India. A.R.Rehman has really made us all proud. may he reach many more milestones. and also to Resool Kutty for sound mixing and all those who made India proud.

and very nice of you Gayathri to compliment another musician thro' this post.

May India win many more awards !!

jeevagv said...

//maybe Shankar Mahadevan ??!! //
I am sure no pun is intended there,
But....! :-)

Gayathri Girish said...

Jeeva,

Definitely no pun there :-)

According to me, Shankar Mahadevan (I mean the Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy trio), as music directors have great potential to attract global audiences with their innovative and pleasing music. Hence my choice :-)

Gayathri

SAI<=>MUSIC said...

Waw..I am indeed very elated to know that you listen to film music as well and there could not be a more apt occasion to pay tributes to the living legend Rahmanji. This is a great moment for the country to share and I wish people take the ideals Rahmanji has and try to adapt his kind of modest attitude(very difficult thou!!!). Its nice of you to compliment a peer mam!!!