Thursday, June 12, 2008

Concerts in May 2008

Hi Rasikas and Friends,

Towards the end of May, I gave three concerts in Chennai at major venues. I thought I would share the reviews that appeared in this regard with all of you.

For friends who have missed out on these newspaper and online reviews, I thought putting them on my blog would help.

Concert at Vani Mahal on 25th of May under the auspices of Tyagaraja Seva Samithi :

You can go the following link to see a review of the above concert in the Hindu paper:http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/06/06/stories/2008060651080200.htm


Concert at Srinivasa Sastri Hall on 29th of May: Thematic concert titled "A Garland of Priyas":

You can go the following link to see a review of the above concert:http://www.rasikas.org/viewtopic.php?id=5762


Concert at P.S.High School, Chennai under the auspices of Nadopasana on 31st of May :

You can go the following link to see a review of the above concert:http://www.rasikas.org/viewtopic.php?id=5779

1 comment:

mitr_bayarea said...

Gayathri,

Congrats and best wishes for your continued success in spreading classical music. I came across your blog while surfing through some other music artists website. I am Mr.Srivivasan (your father-in-law's uncle)'s grand daughter living in Bay Area, US. You sang for my wedding reception 3 years ago and it was such a memorable concert.

I know that you performed last year in San Jose, but, didn't see your name in this year's performances, will you be singing this year or did I miss it already?